Let us find the role for you.

All jobs are located using the link below. If you’re looking for a PA role, please register your details with us and upload your CV.

We can help find a role for you.

If you need more information, or you are looking for a specific role or location, please contact us.

Need to know more?

Are you a physician associate looking for a job?

Let us help you find your next role.

Frequently asked questions

Is there a fee?
Physician associate candidates do not pay for our service. We will never ask you to sign a contract or pay a fee for our recruiting services.
What is your privacy policy?
We take your privacy seriously and we will never sell your CV, mass mail it, or post it online for all to see. We will only share your information with an employer once we have consulted with you.
How do I get started?
The first step is to send us your CV. Once you tell us what you are looking for, we will get to work right away. If you are not ready to look for work just yet you can send us your CV and we will keep it on file for when you are ready to start looking.

International PA?

Read our frequently asked questions specifically for international physician associates.

Why work in the UK?

The role of Physician Associate is relatively new to the UK. We are still building our leadership structures. Your experience will be an invaluable asset to the NHS, Hospitals, employers, Universities and PA students. Many international PA’s go into Ambassadorial roles promoting PA’s locally, regionally and nationally as part of their day job. You will be part of the NHS global healthcare brand working with world famous institutions, hospitals and universities. You will gain invaluable experience working in a world class health service with teaching and learning opportunities. In addition, you have the whole of Europe on the door step with most European countries only a short (and cheap) flight away to explore.

What do I need to work in the UK?

If you are a US trained PA then you may be eligible to work in the UK. Employers are keen to recruit experienced PAs to help establish their services.

  • You would need to make sure you have a current working visa or leave to remain in the UK and have passed a recognised/accredited PA programme and be NCCPA (or equivalent) certified.
  • You would also be required to be on the PA Managed Voluntary Register (PA MVR), maintain your CPD and recertify every six years in accordance with the PA MVR guidance.
  • You can choose to sit the UK recertification exam, the US exam or both. Please note if you sit the UK recertification exam that this will not enable you to remain registered in the US.

If you do not have a visa and are not currently eligible to work in the UK you need to apply for one.

A points-based system for assessing immigration applications for the UK was introduced in February 2008. This system simplifies routes to employment and education in the UK to five tiers. If you come from outside the EEA (European Economic Area), you need to gain points to qualify for a specific tier before you can apply to work in the UK.

The number of points required varies for each tier but reflect the applicant’s qualifications, experience, age, previous earnings and language competence. Tier two is most applicable to NHS employers and healthcare workers internationally.

For further details on tier 2 visas please go to

Speak to one of our PATH recruiters who will be pleased to help you with more details – get in touch.

Am I eligible?

You can check if you have enough points to qualify for a particular tier by carrying out a self- assessment of your eligibility online on the UK Border Agency (UKBA) website.

Under the points-based system, the UKBA will decide who is admitted or allowed to stay in the UK. In order to assess this, you will need to provide evidence of a sponsor in the UK who is licensed by the UKBA. Information about the points-based system is available on the UKBA website and may be subject to change. You are advised to check the website to establish which route of entry you are eligible to apply for.

What can I expect working in the UK?

Generally, earnings would be earning £45,000-£55,000 per annum. In addition you will generally receive 4-5weeks paid annual leave plus 8 days public holidays, paid CPD, paid Medical Indemnity insurance, paid sick leave. You will generally work 40 hours per week. Some employers offer paid overtime or Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) of additional hours worked.  The type of work you do day to day will be very dependant on your chosen speciality.

PATH offers a helpful guide to day to day living in the UK which is available on request. This gives details about everything from Taxes to weekly trash collections. Speak to a PATH recruiter for more details – get in touch.

How do I start finding job in the UK with PATH?

You can register by sending us your CV. Please advise us of your visa status, where in the UK (geographically) you would like to work and live, which area of medicine you would like to practice, when you are planning to come to the UK and how long you are planning to stay. We can then advise you of the positions available. Register with us and let us help find you a job. Alternatively, you can contact any one of our team to discuss your situation. Call us on +44 (0)330 118 5048

What about tier two PAs?
Skilled workers: This category enables NHS organisations to recruit individuals from outside the EEA to fill vacancies that cannot be filled by a British or EEA worker. If you are currently a work permit holder, you can continue in your post or change jobs providing you meet the full eligibility criteria for this route of entry.